I now blog here
home is Heaven, one day Lord I will live
I now blog here
Totally love this:
38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
taken from Romans 8:38-39
God’s love is for all of us!
From next week onwards I will be doing on a series on love!
…in my company.
This is a repost from Joshua Harris blog which in turn is a repost from Kevin DeYoung’s blog.
So, are you living the habit?
The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
Thom Rainer, President and CEO of Lifeway, argues that the secret to being an evangelistic church “is really no secret at all. Ultimately evangelistic churches see more persons become Christians through the passionate efforts of highly evangelistic Christians.”
And what characterizes these highly evangelistic Christians?
1. They are people of prayer. They realize that only God can convict and convert, and they are totally dependent upon Him in prayer. Most of the highly evangelistic Christians spend at least an hour in prayer each day.
2. They have a theology that compels them to evangelize. They believe in the urgency of the gospel message. They believe that Christ is the only way of salvation. They believe that anyone without Christ is doomed for a literal hell.
3. They are people who spend time in the Word. The more time they spend in the Bible, they more likely they are to see the lostness of humanity and the love of God in Christ to save those who are lost.
4. They are compassionate people. Their heart breaks for those who don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. They have learned to love the world by becoming more like Christ who has the greatest love for the world.
5. They love the communities where God has placed them. They are immersed in the culture because they desire for the light of Christ to shine through them in their communities.
6. They are intentional about evangelism. They pray for opportunities to share the gospel. They look for those opportunities. And they see many so-called casual encounters as appointments set by God.
7. They are accountable to someone for their evangelistic activities. They know that many good activities can replace Great Commission activities if they are not careful. Good can replace the best. So they make certain that someone holds them accountable each week either formally or informally for their evangelistic efforts.
How are you doing? I know the last characteristic isn’t present in my life right now. Be sure to read the whole article.
(via Kevin DeYoung)
(via Joshua Harris)
DATE 27 JUNE 2010
PLACE KUALA LUMPUR
KL MARATHON, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race………. Acts 20:24
I’ve been championing Jim Elliot’s famous quote “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose”, but i found myself today stranded in my own belief. When it comes to money, it is hard. A lesson learned but a good one.
3 magnificient goals
2 away goals
1 red card
40 minutes with 10 men